Now that the Windows 8 Consumer Preview is available to the public, people want to test, use and play around with Microsofts new and shiny OS (Metro-Style). I have made a simple step-by-step guide on how to install it on a Mac running VMware Fusion. It’s quite easy, so let’s get on with it:
Prerequisite (with download links)
– Microsoft Windows 8 Developer Preview
– Microsoft Windows 8 Release Preview (NEW!)
1. Install VMware Fusion (you must install/upgrade to version 4)
2. Start Fusion and choose Create New from the Virtual Machine Library
10. After you have your Windows 8 up and running, you have to Install VMware Tools from the menu option Virtual Machine (this adds the correct video, network, sound, usb, etc. drivers)
Note: This is only available when the virtual machine is powered on and in use – follow the on-screen wizard in Windows 8 for installing it properly.
11. That’s it – you are finished! Please leave some feedback in the comment field if you found this useful. Thank you!